CleanBC Better Homes Program Notification – HVAC
Date Posted: October 1, 2019
The long-awaited $50 contractor participation incentive is being mailed out this week. This is a $50 payment to the installing contractor for qualifying heat pumps for space or domestic hot water heating that are fuel switching from natural gas, oil, or propane. These payments are issued automatically for all installs dating back to September 28, 2018.
- NEW: An additional $50 contractor participation top-up for installs in Saanich, North Vancouver, and Whistler.
- NEW: An additional $300 contractor participation top-up for installs in the City of Vancouver.
- Electrical Service Upgrade Rebate
- NEW: $500 electrical service upgrade rebate for homeowners needing to upgrade their electrical system to accommodate a qualifying heat pump (for space or for water heating) in homes that are fuel switching from oil, propane or natural gas.
- NEW: An additional $500 electrical service upgrade top-up for installs in the North Vancouver, Whistler, Powell River, Saanich and Vancouver (for a total incentive of $1,000).
$6,000 Fuel Switch All-Electric Heat Pump Top-Up in City of Vancouver
- NEW: The City of Vancouver is offering a $6,000 top-up for homeowners that replace their gas primary heating equipment with an all-electric tier 2 heat pump system, up to a maximum of 80% of installed cost. Added to the CleanBC rebates for heat pumps and electrical service upgrades, that’s a $10,000 rebate! Note they are still offering the existing $2,000 top-up.
Other Municipal Top-Up Changes
- NEW: Some municipalities are now offering top-ups on heat pump water heaters, of $350 or $1,000 - see the attached chart for details.
- Heat pump top-ups have been added or changed in several municipalities - see the attached chart for details. Stay tuned for more municipalities signing on in January.