New gas codes now in effect
Date Posted: September 30, 2022
A number of new gas codes, including the 2020 edition of the CSA B149 gas code series, have now been adopted into regulation and are in effect in BC as of October 1, 2022.
To support the implementation of these new codes into BC, we have:
- Published an information bulletin, which includes details on the implementation period and requirements (also attached); and
- Opened registration for 16 in-person training sessions across BC from October 18 to November 16 2022 to support industry knowledge and awareness of the changes.
- Cost: $249 + tax
- 4 hours of in-person training delivered by experienced Technical Safety BC Gas Safety Officers
- A printed copy of a CSA B149.1 reference guide created by Technical Safety BC
- Record of completion available after course completion
- Opportunity to network with the gas safety community
Please also see the above newsletter PDF file for further details on the changes.