TECA Member Code of Conduct
TECA members hold that:
- All dwellings should have safe and comfortable Heating, Cooling and Ventilation systems.
- These systems should be well designed, properly installed and properly commissioned.
To achieve these goals, each member pledges compliance to the following principles and policies:
- Our paramount responsibility is to our customer or the dwelling occupant.
- Honesty and good value are our guiding policies.
- Within reason, our best available design and installation criteria should be built into every system.
- We will resolve customer concerns in a timely manner.
- High standards of health and safety guide our system design and installation.
- Members shall deal fairly with their respective employers and suppliers.
- As members of a progressive industry, we encourage research, education, new techniques and improved installation methods, to the end that every customer may get the greatest possible value for every dollar.
- All sound legislation proposals affecting our industry and the people we serve shall have our informed and vigorous support.
- We hold inviolate the free enterprise and democratic systems.
- We pledge our support to our associates, our local, provincial and national affiliates, and all related industries concerned with the preservation of legitimate rights and freedoms.
- We, as individual members, assume these responsibilities freely and solemnly, mindful that they are part of our obligation as members of the Thermal Environmental Comfort Association.