Hiring Now: Manager of Membership & Government / Stakeholder Relations
Date Posted: November 30, 2021
TECA is looking for an exceptional individual to fill our newly created full-time role of Manager of Membership & Government/Stakeholder Relations. The Thermal Environmental Comfort Association (TECA) is a well-known, BC-based trade association. We require a Manager of Membership & Government / Stakeholder Relations for an initial 1-year contract basis.
The Thermal Environmental Comfort Association (TECA) is a well-known, BC-based trade association. We require a Manager of Membership & Government / Stakeholder Relations for an initial 1-year contract basis.
Member and Stakeholder Management Skills
We are seeking an individual to plan and co-ordinate our Membership and Stakeholder Relationship Management activities for a minimum of 1 year with a strong potential for full-time employment.
The Manager oversees and directs TECA’s government / stakeholder relations, communications, and member relations. S/he will develop and oversee the implementation of a broad marketing, membership and stakeholder relations strategy aimed at enhancing TECA’s reputation and building and enhancing relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders.
Work with TECA Board of Directors and staff for creating events, content, and other programming that promote the association’s goal of building strong relationships with industry stakeholders, current members and with the goal of increasing the association's membership base. Develop a deep understanding of what brings value to members and will guide the association’s strategy and implementation of programming that builds relationships, educates members about emerging and up to date training, and encourages a shared vision for the future of TECA. Reporting to the TECA Board of Directors and work closely with the General Manager.
This is a newly created, full-time, position.
- Supports the Board of Directors to represent the association externally
- Provides membership, marketing and stakeholder relations advice and support across the association
- Continue to build on the association’s values with thoughtful, meaningful, and consistent member communications program.
- Build relationships with members and learn about their priorities for participation in the association and use that knowledge to develop a strategic plan for engagement programming.
- Identify and actively promote opportunities within existing and prospective members for revenue generation, events, program sponsorship and other funding opportunities.
- Outreach to members via survey at least once annually to ensure that TECA obtains and acts upon relevant and timely member feedback on its activities.
- Membership benefits (to expand on the benefits offered to members by the association)
- ·Lead the recruitment of new members with a view to growing TECA’s penetration across the industry, i.e., heating contractors, builders, engineers, energy advisors, etc.
- Work with TECA staff in the logistics and planning for in-person and virtual events, including speaker events and golf tournaments. Events will vary in size and complexity but are likely to take place at least every few months.
- Attend events as a friendly face, helping to co-host and welcome members and supporting TECA staff at events
- Support new member onboarding by helping organizations navigate our resources and events.
- Act as an ongoing point of contact for members on participation and administrative matters.
- Provide regular updates to the Executive on the member community and advise on how they can best help strengthen that community and improve the value proposition for members.
- Work with staff in producing valuable content for TECA’s online presence (i.e., LinkedIn and other relevant social media platforms)
- Actively promote the association and its initiatives on social media platforms (LinkedIn)
- Plan and co-ordinate and manage the way the Board engages with key stakeholders
- An agent towards external parties such as in stakeholders, members, potential members and building strategic partnerships
- Provide briefings and support to technical teams for meetings with stakeholders
- Responsible for leading, cultivating and facilitating the development of strategic relationships with stakeholders to promote initiatives that align with the association’s goals
- Arrange and attend stakeholder meetings with technical team members and ensure feedback of stakeholder responses and requests to technical teams are responded to within agreed timescales
- Prepare developing agendas, project plans, minute taking and production of reports and expedite actions arising.
- Deep knowledge of the BC HVAC industry, BCBC, Step Code and the plans in place to reduce GHG emissions
- Excellent interpersonal / networking skills, written and verbal communication skills
- Aptitude for developing and maintaining strong stakeholder / member relationships
- Has good planning and organizational skills, enabling stakeholder knowledge to be effectively disseminated and shared with the association board and / or technical committees
- A self-starter with independent judgement and work planning, also able to work well as part of a team.
- Ability to facilitate sessions with a wide spectrum of stakeholders
- Experience in content marketing and member support and working within an organization comprised of institutional members (for example, trade association, advocacy group, etc.).
- Comfortable working in various digital and traditional formats
- Ability to establish a high level of rapport with the TECA Executive, stakeholders, and members.
- Appreciation of the infrastructure-related political environment
- Ability to develop innovative ideas and solutions
- Good interpersonal and networking skills, highly articulate team player
- Bachelor’s degree required. In lieu of a degree, 10 or more years of relevant experience may suffice.
- Applicants are welcome from any location across BC, with a preference for Metro Vancouver or Victoria.
- TECA is BC-based – work remotely. Ability to travel to attend "in person" events and meetings is required.
- Flexible work schedule / Work from Home Office. Laptop / Cell phone allowance provided.
- Full time salaried position with benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Start Date: As soon as possible and flexible for the right candidate.
- Annual contract, performance and funding based. Contract will commence with a three-month probationary period
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com